As Australia’s leading jazz organisation for more than 30 years, SIMA has been instrumental in providing a regular, critically acclaimed platform for Australian musicians to perform. Our volunteers play a vital place in our being able to do this work.
We are always looking for new volunteers to add to our rich and diverse group of friends who offer help and assistance across a number of services and departments.
There are many ways that you can help us ranging from strategic to operational. If you have any areas of expertise or specific interest please let us know.
Some of the ways you can help SIMA are:
– General operational work such as mail outs.
– Working as front of house at our regular gigs. One of the most important roles!
– Assisting with our education programs: Young Womens jazz Workshops and Jazz: Cool For School
– Updating and researching our databases
– Fundraising and sponsorship activities
– Distributing brochures to cafes and venues in your area
– Contributing ideas and feedback
– Audience Development Research
– Photographing artists and performances for use on the SIMA website and promotional campaigns
– Filming live performances for our archives and youtube, etc
– Any other area you feel you would like to pursue
SIMA welcomes your contribution, so feel free to call or email us to discuss any of the above.
Office: (02)9036 6292